I am a little bit unadventurous when it comes to foundation, I have been using the same Rimmel one (Match Perfection) for probably over a year now, and I’m not on either my third or fourth bottle. I find that it works for me, not always brilliantly, but well enough. However I am almost certain that there is a better one out there that will work even better with my skin. I have read so many reviews on so many different products but have narrowed it down to 5 ones that I am going to purchase at various points this year.
- Sticking with the Rimmel theme, I’m going to try out the Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation. I feel like this is a good place to start as the shades are the same so there are no worries in terms of getting the colour right. I use the shade Light Porcelain.
- Next is another drugstore product, the Boujois Healthy Mix. I have heard so many great reviews about this and it is super affordable at around the £10 mark. I would go for the colour Light Vanilla as I am basically the palest shade for every foundation out there.
- Third is a high end product which means I’ll be spending quite a bit more. The Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is supposedly a fantastic foundation so I don’t think I’ll mind paying a bit more for it. And it apparently smells great too… bonus! According to the website Findation I should go for the shade B20, which (amazingly) is not the palest shade.
- Next has got to be one of the most talked about foundations out there- Nars Sheer Glow. Everywhere you look there is a beauty blogger raving about it, so I figured it was probably time to give it a go. I’m not sure whether to go with Siberia or Mont Blanc but I would probably lean towards the former without trying them out first. The only issue with this foundation is that you have to buy a pump, but really that isn’t too bad.
- Finally is another high end product, this time by Illamasqua. The Rich Liquid Foundation in 115 is the one I will probably be buying. It gives a semi matte finish, which I like, and great coverage. For that reason I wouldn’t be wearing it everyday. I hope you all enjoyed this post, let me know if there are any other foundations I should try out and I will hopefully be doing reviews of these as and when I buy them.